When you are a working mom, whether inside or outside the home, it’s hard to keep your work time confined only to a single room. More than likely, you find small pockets of time sprinkled throughout your day to work. So with a life that is so mobile and on-the-go, what you need is a mobile office.
As a work-from-home mom myself, sometimes I work from the dining room table, the kitchen counter, my bedroom or my office, so I needed a mobile office but couldn’t seem to find a good setup that would be portable and organize all my stuff. Until now.
Welcome to… my mobile office.
This is a file tote I’ve had for several years but hadn’t been using.
Here’s what my tote contains:
- Two file pockets for my pens, Post-Its and mouse.
- File folders for the blog, urgent projects, items I need to read and papers I want to keep.
- My planner and a tablet.
Even if this system doesn’t work for you, there are many other options for creating a mobile office for yourself:
- Use a plastic file tote with locking lid.
- Use a tool caddy that has a handle and many pockets.
- Thirty-One organizers are very popular to use as mobile offices as shown in this post by the Organized Bag Lady.
- Use a rolling cart like this one from Target to contain your supplies.
- Dig out your old trapper keeper, if you have one. This is a great solution if you only need to organize a few items.
- If you are on the go and need a mobile office in your car, try an organizer that goes on the back of a seat or a rolling briefcase.
Do you have any problem areas in your house that drive you crazy because you can’t keep them organized? I’m happy to help you figure out a solution that works for you. Just send me a picture on Facebook or email me at email@example.com.