It’s that time of year again: the end of the school year and time to buy gifts for your kids’ teachers. I surveyed my teacher friends on Facebook to find out what they really want from their students and the number one answer was gift cards.
But sometimes giving gift cards feels unoriginal, boring and almost like a cop-out. So I’ve put together a list of ways you can give someone a gift card that’s still creative and fun.
And this list isn’t just for teachers. You can tweak these ideas to work for many occasions like:
- Baby Showers
- Mother’s Day/Father’s Day
Just pick up a gift card to your friend or family member’s favorite store and add a couple of small extras like these ideas below.
10 Creative Ways to Give Someone a Gift Card
- In a tumbler, coffee cup or cute glass
- In a mason jar with candy; small items like lip balm, nail polish or lotion; paper or ribbon curls
- In picture frame, especially if you have one of you or your child with the recipient
- With a potted flower or small bouquet
- With a book or magazine
- With themed items from the dollar store like office supplies, food items or kitchen gadgets
- With a special treat like a cupcake, bag of coffee or soap
- In a makeup bag, luggage tag or coin purse
- Put a restaurant gift card in a branded cup or takeout carton
- With a handmade item such as cookies, vinyl-decorated clipboard or bath salts
I hope these ideas get your wheels turning and allow you to give gift cards to everyone you know with confidence.
What is your favorite gift card to give? Feel free to share on the Defeating Busy Facebook page. My go-to cards are Amazon and Target. You can’t go wrong with either.